Job Description: Consultant
Research Power Inc. (RPI) is a research and evaluation consulting company with an established reputation for excellent client services in the public, private, and voluntary sectors. RPI has been delivering services for clients for 20 years in six key areas: evaluation; research and environmental scans; facilitation, strategic planning and consultations; project management & partnership development; program and policy development; and organizational learning and capacity-building.
RPI is seeking a full-time Consultant to support a variety of projects, mainly in the health and social services sectors. We offer a flexible work environment with at home/virtual work options, though the successful candidate will be expected to spend some time working at the RPI office in central Dartmouth. Offsite work (i.e., at client locations) and some evenings/weekends may also be required.
Salary starts at $60,000/year, commensurate with skills and experience, and with the potential for additional earning through bonuses.
RPI is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our hiring. We strive to maintain a work environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming. We invite applications from diverse candidates.
- Develop logic models/theories of change
- Research/develop process and outcome indicators
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools such as interview/focus group guides, surveys, etc.
- Implement and support quantitative and qualitative data collection strategies including surveys, interviews, focus groups etc.
- Conduct document reviews including identifying and extracting relevant information from documents
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative evaluation data, develop recommendations, and integrate findings and recommendations into reports and presentations.
Environmental Scans and Literature Reviews:
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans including reviewing articles/documents for relevance, grey literature searching, extracting relevant information, analysis, and report writing
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with key informants, analyze findings, and integrate into reports
- Present findings based on needs of the client/audience
Facilitation and Planning:
- Support virtual and in-person facilitation, consultation, and engagement processes
- Support strategic and program planning
- Support virtual and in-person workshops and learning opportunities
- Other Responsibilities:
Communicate regularly with all members of the RPI team
Support project management and client communication and relationships
Support development of proposal submissions in response to Requests for Proposals/Statements of Work
Format documents, spreadsheets, and presentations (e.g., preparing charts and graphs, tables, graphics, etc.)
Proofread and edit documents
- The ideal candidate has:
A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a health or social science field plus relevant work experience. Preference will be given to those with a Masters degree.
- Experience conducting research activities such as literature searches, interviews/focus groups, surveys, etc.
- Experience planning and/or implementing program evaluations
- Experience working in the health and/or social services sectors
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience writing reports and other documents
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of professionalism & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and proficient in various applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo), Zoom, other virtual facilitation tools (e.g. Mural)
If you are looking for a chance to join a growing and very dynamic and professional team, please submit an application that includes a cover letter outlining how your skills match the qualifications listed, your resume, and a sample of something you have written (please combine all documents into one PDF or Word file). Please send applications by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, September 7, 2021 to:
Partner, Research Power Inc.
This position will be open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and skills test will be contacted.